- We offer residential and day camps that address and promote twenty-first century multiple literacies – that's why we have a multi-disciplinary approach to writing and creating!
- We are inclusive and diverse! YouthWrite reaches out to participants who are on the margins, whether because of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or financial circumstances.
- YouthWrite invites superbly talented and reputable instructors who represent the many facets of the performing, visual, musical, dance, film, and written arts.
- We believe creative arts and creative writing are the foundation to critical and creative thinking, and our course/ curricular design reflects this.
- We broaden young writers' global and environmental awareness.
- We address multiple learning styles: linguistic, musical, bodily-kinesthetic, spatial and visual, naturalistic, interpersonal and intrapersonal intelligences.
- We maintain archives—written and visual—and, as far as possible, connection with alumni, participants, instructors, and supervisors after their YouthWrite experience.
- Through our social media channels, we encourage participants, instructors, supers, and alumni to stay connected and involved in YouthWrite.
- We produce a fine quality print magazine, YouthWrite the Magazine with an ISSN number (so it is a legitimate publication credit for our participants).
- We dream of taking YouthWrite beyond the borders of Alberta...